The Inyazura Mission was founded in 1910 and opened in January 1, 1911. Melvin C Studervant, a superintendent of Solusi mission, set out into the interior of Mashonaland to look for a site for a new mission. He met Mr Folks who was about to surrender his 3,666 acres of land to the government and return to Europe.
Studevervant was impressed by the parcel of land and willing to acquire it for a new station. Situated near Inyazura Siding along the Beira to Salisbury Railway, the land was fertile and with good supply of water. A new school building was made to add to the native huts that already existed there. A store, a tool shop and a dinning room were in the new building. Enrollment began immediately and by there were upto seventy three students by the end of 1912.
F. B Jewell, W. Hodgson and Claude Tarr are among the workers who took part in the pioneering of the mission work at Inyazura . Jewell was in charge of the school for quite some time. Hodgson was an out school teacher and Tarr assisted Studervant who had to take a rest form the work to furlough. During the second world war, over 2/3 of the 3666 acres of the farm was sold to raise funds for the building of a dormitory.Soon afterwards a large part of the remaining 1/3 was sold to fund the building of a church in Southern Rhodesia. Nonetheless, Inyazura still became a school for technical arts with about 300 students. In 1980, the name was changed to Nyazura Mission and the is survived by Nyazura Adventist High School to this day.